Cassidy Chronicles UPDATE


 Hey everyone!

Yeah, I took a couple days off from blogging - but now I'm back!

Just in case you think that the Cassidy train is going to slow down any time soon, I'm already 30k words into Cassidy 4. I'm going to post snippets of chapters here going forward, so stay tuned!

There are now enough books for Amazon to recognize Cassidy as a SERIES; that means you can order them all at once! Just go to the SERIES PAGE by clicking the link (HERE, or the title above) and you can get them all, and get them all for less than ten bucks!

Now, here's a snippet for you!

CHAPTER ONE

TFS Enterprise

The door to their quarters opened and Aiyana Cassidy entered, looking spent.

“Hi, hon,” said Kendra Cassidy from her office. As the Admiral of the Terran Federation, she spent her days either on the Enterprise, the flagship, or on the Njord. The past couple weeks, as she’d recovered from her injuries, she’d been mostly aboard Enterprise.

“Hi babe,” answered her wife, walking into the office and tugging her uniform coat open. Kendra looked up.

“Wow. Tough day?” Aiyana, who was known to everyone as Cass, nodded.

“Partial failure on one of the navigational shields.”

“That’s not good.”

Cass shrugged and flopped into the seat across from her wife. “It’s not unexpected. Enterprise has been in active service for over a year now, we’ve been having minor systems failures on and off for weeks. Most of them we’ve headed off with our maintenance schedule, but she’s the first starship. There’s an awful lot we don’t know.”

“As long as you’ve got it under control. I assume there are reports about these things in my queue?”

“Probably,” agreed Cass. “I know that I send reports to Alley, after I brief her; I’m sure that she sends at least some sort of summary to you.”

“One of these days Alley is going to quiz me, isn’t she?” Alley, properly Jennifer Martinez, was the Enterprise’s Captain and thus Cass’s superior. Unlike both Kendra and Cass, Alley was a naval professional and brought that professionalism with her into the nascent Terran Federation. And that meant that Admiral Kendra Cassidy was occasionally dragged along with her.

“Probably,” said Cass with a ghost of a smile.

“Then I’ll read them. One of these days. Say, Minna, could you download the details of those summaries to my implant?”

“I could, Admiral,” said the voice of the ship’s AI. “Unfortunately, Captain Martinez has ordered me not to.”

“Frak.”


Comments

Popular Posts